Creative Cloud products have become ubiquitous, and we can no longer imagine a world without them. The film production industry, the photography industry, the design industry, and other industries rely on each of these applications in some way.
Therefore, a new pop-up window called Adobe CEF Helper has recently caused confusion among Adobe Creative Cloud users. According to reports, consumers experience high CPU usage when running the Helper.exe file.
Once you launch the software, it will perform any regular checks in the background to determine whether the program you have is the latest version.
According to reports, desktop applications consume a lot of CPU resources even if they are just idle. Let us first understand the role of this process in more detail, and then jump to the list of solutions. Follow!
what’s the effect?
In its simplest form, CEF Helper is a processing service that is used to render various components of various Adobe creative cloud applications. For example, when you export a video project from Premiere Pro, this service is called for rendering.
When you use the Creative Cloud desktop application, you will notice multiple independent processes with similar and identical names running in the background.
These applications rely heavily on Adobe CEF Helper, which is a key service required at runtime and throughout the rendering process.
People have always claimed that Adobe CEF Helper consumes a lot of CPU resources, causing their devices to experience screen freezing, lagging, and malfunctioning issues, but only if the software is active on their computers.
Because it causes this type of trouble, consumers may think it is a virus. However, it is not. The application uses Adobe CEF Helper to render any item before it can be exported, so rendering consumes the device’s CPU and GPU.
If Adobe CEF Helper.exe causesThe CPU usage in is too high, what should I do?
1. Run SFC scan
- according to Windows + S Key to open the search bar and enter cmd, Then right click on the most relevant result to run it as an administrator.
- Type or paste the following command and press Enter:
You just need to wait for the process to complete (this may take some time), and then restart your computer to ensure that the changes are applied. SFC will automatically detect and repair damaged files and directories on your computer.
2. Update window
- according to Windows + I Key to open the Settings application, and then click in the left panelWindows update.
- If you have any new updates to download, click “Now Install” Button and wait for the process to complete, otherwise click the “Check for Updates” button.
Running an older version of Windows may cause problems, which can be easily resolved by updating the operating system. This error is likely to be fixed in future iterations.
3. Suspend any anti-virus program
- Click to expand from the taskbar, and right-click on your antivirus icon, then select the arrow Avast Blocking Control, then Disable for 10 minutes.
- If you have installed other antivirus programs, you can temporarily disable the application by following the same or similar steps as above.
4. Uninstall Adobe CEF Helper
- This operation is not recommended, but if you are sure you don’t need this program, you can first open a new file explorer window and type or paste the following path:
C:Program Files>Systems> CEF Helper or Creative Cloud > CEF Helper_uninstall.exe
- Double-click the executable file to run it and uninstall Adobe CEF Helper.