What causedNSIS error in?
Listed below are the issues that cause NSIS errors in Windows, including installer settings and system:
- Some files of the program to be installed are missing
- The downloaded file is modified
- System infected with malware
- Corrupted system files
- The installation media itself is damaged
Now that you have a comprehensive understanding of the error and its root cause, let us walk you through the methods to eliminate it.
How to fixNSIS error in?
1. Rename the installer settings
- Locate the downloaded program file, right-click the installer settings, and select from the context menuRenameicon.Or, you can select the installation file and clickF2.
- Change the name to one word and try to keep it simple. In addition, avoid using special characters or non-English letters, as they can cause problems running the installation.
Without a doubt, this is the easiest and quickest way to fix NSIS errors in Windows 11. If the installation file name is very long or contains special characters that the operating system does not recognize, you may encounter problems during runtime. Therefore, it is recommended that you use a simple name for it.
2. Move the installer settings to another folder
- Locate the program installer, right-click on it, and select from the context menucopyicon.
- Now, go to the desktop, right-click on a blank part, and select from the context menuPasteicon.
In some cases, the file path caused the NSIS error in Windows 11. Therefore, it is recommended that you change the location of the file and check if you can install the program now.
3. Run a malware scan
- according toWindows+SLaunch the search menu.Type in the text field at the topWindows security, And then click the relevant search result that appears.
- Next, click from the listed optionsVirus and threat protection.
- Click onScan options.
- Now, select “Full scan”Option, and then click the “Scan Now” button below it.
4. Update Windows 11
- according toWindows+Istart upset upApplications, and then select Windows Update from the list of tabs in the left navigation pane.
- Click onCheck for updatesTo scan for any newer versions of Windows available.
- If so, please download and install them.
If you encounter 0x80070643, 0x80070422, or 0x800f0831 Windows 11 installation errors, please click the relevant link guide and fix it now.
Also, if you are having trouble launching the Settings application, learn how to eliminate the problem.
5. Change the system language
- according toWindows+SLaunch the search menu and type in the text field at the topcontrol panel, And then click the relevant search result that appears.
- Click onClock and region.
- Next, clickRegion.
- Navigate from the top to “manage”Tab, and then click the “Change System Locale” button.
- Click the drop-down menu, select the appropriate language that matches the installer, and clickSureTo save the changes.
6. Perform a quick SFC scan
- according toWindows+SLaunch the search menu.Type in the text field at the topWindows Terminal, Right-click the relevant search result, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Click on the UAC (User Account Control) prompt that pops upYes.
- Click the down arrow at the top and selectCommand Prompt.Or you can pressCtrl+ Shift+2Start tab.
- Now, type/paste the following command and clickEnterrunSFCscanning:
The SFC (System File Checker) scan identifies any damaged system files and replaces them with cached copies stored on the system. Therefore, if a damaged system file prevents the installer from running, performing a scan should fix the NSIS error in Windows 11.
7. Install the program via the command prompt
- according toWindows+SLaunch the search menu and type in the text field at the topWindows terminal, Right-click the relevant search result, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Click on the UAC (User Account Control) prompt that appearsYes.
- Click the down arrow at the top and select from the list of optionsCommand prompt.Or you can pressCtrl+ Shift+2Launch the command prompt tab.
- Now, navigate to the folder where you saved the installation settings, right-click on it and select from the context menuCopy as path.
- Go toWindows terminalAnd pressCtrl+VPaste the path.
- Next, clickSpacebarKey to add space, enter The following command and clickEnterRun the installer:
- After the installer starts, follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
Using this method, the installer will bypass any damage checks and continue to run. However, if there is a major potential problem, there may be a problem with the installed program. Therefore, we recommend it as a final fix.
How to prevent NSIS errors in Windows 11?
Now you know why you encounter NSIS errors and the most effective way to fix them. But if you can stop it in the first place, wouldn’t it be simpler?
For this, please make sure to download the program installer settings from the official website, if it is not possible, please download at least one reliable source. This ensures that all files are downloaded at once without any damage or loss.