exist Prerequisites for installing Android apps on
exist The first thing you need to run an Android application on is to joinWindows Insider Program.You need to enter the Beta channel and have the latest version and Store.
Check inside Windows
You also need to run build 22000.282 or higher. If you have been getting new versions on a regular basis, then you should have it.
To confirm your Windows internals, Press on the keyboardWindows key + RTo check your version and internal. when”run”When the dialog box opens, enterwinverAnd pressEnterOr click “Sure”.
This will open a window showing your version and build number.
Enable hardware virtualization
Windows 11 runs Android applications in a virtual environment. The Windows subsystem for Android or WSA is a VM supported by Hyper-V for running Android applications.So another thing to do is to make sure to enableHardware virtualization.You may be familiar with it because it isEnable virtualization on Windows 11Prerequisites.
To see if hardware virtualization is enabled, pleaseStart Task Manager.OpenperformanceTab and look at theVirtualizationentry.
If it is not enabled, you can turn it on in the BIOS/UEFI settings.EnterBIOS/UEFIIt varies from system to system, so please check the supporting documentation of your PC.Normally, you will press theF2,F12Or other function keys.
existsystem Configuration> Virtual TechnologyOr something similar to see under to enable virtual technology.
Update Microsoft Store
Now, all in all, you need to make sure you have the latest version of Store application. You can start the app store from the taskbar or start menu.
When it opens, go to “Library”Section and click to update all applications.This will use pending updates and The Store itself updates all application.
The Store application requires version 22110.1402.6.0 or higher.To check, click the profile icon in the upper right corner, then clickApplication settings.
Scroll down the page, the version number is listed at the bottom of the “About this application”Part down.
Another thing worth noting is that you will see in the upper left corner of the app Store Preview.
Install Android apps on Windows 11
Now that you have completed all the settings, it is time to start installing the Android application by doing the following:
- Open Store and searchAmazon Appstore.If you don’t see it by searching, you canDirectly from this linkGet it.When your browser asks if you can StoreOpenWhen, clickOpen.
- Click onInstall Button.
- Next, a message will pop up to guide you through the setup.Click onset upButton and continue.The last step isRestart your PC -ClickRestart.
- After restarting, you can click “All apps”Under “Start”Find the listedAmazon Appstore. You can also find it by the first letter.
- Next, launch the Amazon Appstore and log in to your Amazon account or create one as needed.
- After logging in, the Amazon Appstore works like any other app store you have used. Search or browse the app you want in the store, then click on it to find more information. If necessary, click “Install” Button.
- After you install an Android app, it works the same as other apps you install. Android applications will run with other applications and will be displayed on the “Start” menu to launch them.You can alsoPin them to the taskbar.
Manually install the Windows Subsystem for Android
Keep in mind that the Amazon Appstore (and the Insider version of Windows 11) is still in beta. So everything may not work as expected. Even if you meet the prerequisites and your hardware meets the system requirements. For example, you may encounter errors when installing the Amazon Appstore.
If the above steps do not work, you can manually install the Windows Subsystem for Android (WSA).
To install WSA on Windows 11:
- First, visit in the browserstore.rg-adguard.net.
- Select from the first drop-down listProductId.
- Enter in the ProductId field9p3395vx91nr.
- Select from the second drop-down menuslow.
- Click the last tick button.
Will generate a list of files you want to find.msixbundleFile-it should be the last in the list.If you need an easy way to view it, pleasePress Ctrl + FAnd search for it on the page. Click the link to download the file. It’s just over 2 GB, so please allow time to download.
After the file is downloaded, continue with the following steps:
- Find the one you downloaded.msixbundledocument.Right-click the file and click from the menuCopy as path.
- HitWindows key + XOn the keyboard and clickWindows terminal (administrator)From the menu.
- In the terminal, typeAdd-AppxPackage -Path
Where is the location of the .msixbunde file you copied to the clipboard.
- HitEnter,You will see and its installation progress bar appears.
- After the installation is complete, you can find WSA on the “Start” menu.
Now that you have installed WSA, open ofAmazon AppstoreDirect link. You should see that the Appstore is ready-click “Open”Button.
Log in to your Amazon account or create one as needed. Amazon Appstore should now be able to launch successfully.
With Android application support, Windows 11 will be more useful. Although at the time of writing, there are only a few apps in the store. With the widespread adoption of Amazon Appstore and Windows 11, this situation will change over time.