Developer options on Android are intended for developers. You may encounter situations that require the activation of certain features or developer options. By default, Developer Options on Android is a hidden menu. Cannot find Developer options in Android settings. We have several guides on how you can enable developer options and USB debugging on Android phones before. USB debugging is only one feature of developer options. You can find a variety of advanced options in developer mode. Check out this guide to enable developer options and USB debugging on Samsung phone. And by following the tutorial on enabling developer options and USB debugging on HTC mobile phones. You will find that different manufacturers of Android phones have different designs. You can find different ways to activate Developer options on Android phones. Xiaomi is another big maker of Android phones. Their Xiaomi Mi and Redmi phones are the best-selling Android smartphones in the world. Xiaomi MIUI is Android based with deep customization. If you want to enable developer options on Xiaomi Redmi mobile phones, check out the details below.
How to determine the MIUI version on Xiaomi and Redmi?
Since the different versions of MIUI have different configurations and designs. You may need to know your MIUI version on Xiaomi and Redmi before you can enable developer options or enable USB debugging mode on them.
Tap Settings on the Xiaomi or Redmi mobile phone, then scroll down and select About phone.
Now you open the details of your mobile phone device, including model number, Android version, MIUI version, CPU, RAM, Internal memory, baseband version, kernel version, build number, etc.
Generally speaking, to enable developer mode or developer options on an Android phone, you can tap the build number 7 times in a row. However, it is not always the same for all Android phones. Xiaomi is one of the phones that uses different ways to activate developer options.
How to enable Developer Options on Xiaomi & Redmi which is on MIUI 5?
- Go to Settings >> About Phone >> Android version.
- Tap on “Android version” for 7 times until developer mode appears. You’ll see the “You are now a developer” message appears on screen.
- Now go to Settings >> Developer Options, touch the toggle to enable Developer Options.
How to enable Developer Options on Xiaomi & Redmi which is on MIUI 6, MIUI 7?
- Go to Settings >> About Phone >> MIUI version.
- Tap on “MIUI version” for 7 times until developer mode appears. You’ll see the “You are now a developer” message appears on screen.
- Now go to Settings >> Additional Settings >> Developer Options, touch the toggle to enable Developer Options.
- Under “Developer options” Turn ON “USB debugging” and “Install via USB” options. Also Turn OFF “Turn on MIUI optimization” as sometimes it does not allow to install apps on a mobile device.
After following the above options, you can easily debug your apps directly on the real device using a USB cable. This will make Ionic Development very easy and fast. The above tutorial is for MiUI, but most Android phones have the same options to enable developer options for USB debugging.
From the above methods, you can enable developer option in MIUI. I hope you find this article useful. Feel free to share your suggestions and comments below.
What is MIUI optimization in developer options?
In MIUI (an Android ROM), there is an option in developer settings called MIUI optimization. When this option is enabled, an app can’t be installed via USB (i.e. from Android Studio).
How do I disable developer options?
1. Open your android phone’s settings by clicking on the silver gear.
2. Tap ‘Developer Options’ in the settings menu.
3. Tap the slider button at the top right of the screen Off.
Where is USB Debugging In MI?
Step 1 : Go back to main Settings.
Step 2 : Run Additional Settings, and tap Developer options to enable it from there.
Step 3 : Scroll down to find USB Debugging option and enable it.
Now, you have successfully enabled USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Mi 5/4/3.