The Pixel 6 series is without a doubt one of the best smartphone lines to launch this year. With the Tensor SoC developed in-house by Google and the improved cameras, the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro have made great strides in terms of the camera department.
However, since their release, Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 users have encountered a lot of bugs and issues with Android 12. You can check out our dedicated Pixel 6 bug tracker to see what issues are currently affecting users.
And if that wasn’t enough, many Pixel 6 owners are now reporting (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) that they cannot charge the device wirelessly with the device stopping the wireless charging intermittently.
For those who have bought new wireless chargers for their Pixel 6 or are forced to use one, this is really frustrating because they stop working without warning. Many have reported trying to change chargers or purchasing new ones, but the problem persists.
Judging from the nature of the reports, it is not yet clear whether the issue is hardware or software related. People say they’ve tried turning off adaptive charging, but it doesn’t make a difference.
Fix: Pixel 6 and 6 Pro Not Charging Using Wireless Charger
There are reports that the Pixel 6/6 Pro cannot be charged wirelessly with a wireless charger. Sometimes, although the device may indicate that it is charging wirelessly, it stops charging intermittently and has a slower charging speed than usual. While, according to the Pixel Phone Help Forum, the device appears to charge quite well wirelessly when booted in Safe Mode. This indicates that a third-party app is interfering with the load in some way.
It should be mentioned that many affected owners of the Pixel 6 series have reported the same to Google in the past. While Google has yet to release any official statement on this, it looks like installing the latest Pixel update from December 2021 to the phone may completely fix the battery and power issues. Meanwhile, affected users will have to use the wired charging option now until the issue is largely resolved.
The best part is that Google just announced the Pixel – Dec 2021 Changelog update, which includes some improvements for better battery life and better state of charge. You can see the log of specific battery and power changes below:
Battery & Power
– Additional improvements for battery charging information shown in notification shade.
– General improvements for battery & thermal performance in certain conditions.
– General improvements for wireless charging in certain conditions *.
– Improvements for alignment detection on Pixel Stand in certain conditions.
– Fix for issues occasionally causing incorrect Battery usage accounting to display in Settings.
However, we have mentioned two possible ways to try to fix the problem below:
1. Reboot in Safe Mode
So we can say that you should try restarting your device in safe mode to check the wireless charging issue. Do that:
- First, press the power button for a few seconds until the power menu appears on the screen.
- Now hold down Power off option and then press OK to enter device into safe mode.
- Once your device is in safe mode, try charging it wirelessly to check for the problem.
2. Perform a factory reset
If, just in case this method doesn’t work for you, make sure to perform a factory reset to try and fix the wireless charging issue. To do this:
Note: Performing a factory reset on the device will completely delete all user data and settings on the device except any installed apps or games. So make sure to backup your data before going through this method.
- Please back up your data first.
- Go to Settings> Tap System> Select reset options.
- Tap Clear all data (factory reset)> Select Clear all data.
- If prompted, enter your PIN or password to continue.
- Tap Clear all data and wait for the process to complete.
- The device will restart and begin to reset to factory settings.
- Once done, your device will reboot into the system and go through the initial setup process as a new device.
- Enjoy! This process can completely resolve the issue that the Pixel 6/6 Pro is not charging with the wireless charger.
This is it, guys. We think this article has been helpful to you. Share your suggestions and questions in the comments below.
How do I turn on wireless charging pixels?
Step 1: Set up your Pixel Stand with your Assistant
1. Center the phone on your Pixel Stand, with your phone screen facing outward.
2. You’ll get a “Do more while charging” message. Tap Next. If you don’t see this message, take your phone off your Pixel Stand, then put it back on.
3. Follow the steps on the screen.
Does the Pixel 6 Pro have wireless charging?
Google’s Pixel 6 series has many wired and wireless charging options, and there’s more than one way to supply maximum power for the fastest charging.Charging speeds are a bit less critical since the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro sport such long-lasting batteries.
Does the Pixel 6 Pro come with a charger?
Google’s Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro won’t ship with a charger in the box. The tech giant previously shared that tidbit about the new phone alongside the reveal of the Pixel 5A. Instead, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro will ship with a USB-C to USB-C cable and a Quick Switch Adapter.