It is the latest version in the Microsoft series and is said to be the most advanced and user-oriented. However, it is still very common to encounter errors, if not more than the previous version. In this article, we will discuss the issue that the Windows filtering platform has blocked connections.
When certain data packets or connections are blocked by the basic filtering engine, an error occurs. Although this problem may seem complicated to most users, its solution is fairly simple and has been listed in the following section.
For those inIf you encounter an error in Windows, it is likely that the upgrade was not completed successfully, and Windows There is some kind of misidentification in.
However, before we proceed to repair, you must understand the role of the Windows filtering platform and its main functions.
How does the Windows Screening Platform help developers?
The Windows filtering platform, a set of system services and API (application programming interface) allows developers to create web filtering applications. It was first introduced in Windows Vista and has been part of the Windows ecosystem ever since.
It can also be used to build independent, And other network-related applications. In this way, the application can access and modify the data packet while processing it.
The three main functions of the Windows filtering platform are as follows:
- Basic filtering engine
- Universal filtering engine
- Annotation module
Now that you are quite familiar with this concept, let’s take a look at the most effective fixes for the Windows filtering platform that prevented connection problems in Windows 11.
How to fix the connection error in Windows 11 blocked by the Windows Filtering Platform?
- according toWindows+SLaunch the search menu.Type in the text field at the topWindows Defender , And then click the relevant search result that appears.
- Next, click from the list of options on the leftTurn Windows Defender on or off .
- Check the private network settings andPublic network settingsDownTurn off Windows Defender (Not recommended)Checkbox and click OK at the bottom to save the changes.
After making the changes, restart the system and check whether the Windows filtering platform has blocked the connection. The problem has been eliminated in Windows 11. If not, go to the repair procedure listed next.
2. Run the DISM tool
- according toWindows+SLaunch the search menu.Type in the text field at the topWindows terminal, Right-click the relevant search result and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- In the pop-up UAC ( Control) click on the promptYes.
- Click the down arrow at the top and select from the list of optionsCommand prompt.Or you can clickCtrl+ Shift+atWindows TerminalIn a new tab2Start the command prompt.
- Next, paste the following command and clickEnterExecute it:
DISM/Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- Finally, execute the following command:
DISM/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
3. Perform a quick SFC scan
- according toWindows+RStart the run command.Type in the text fieldwt, HoldCtrl+ShiftKey, and then click OK or clickEnterTo start the elevatedWindows Terminal.
- In UAC ( Control) click on the promptYes.
- Click the down arrow and select from the menu that appearsCommand prompt.
- Next, type/paste the following command and clickEnterrunSFCscanning:
SFC (System File Checker) scans to identify damaged system files, and if any files are found, they are replaced with cached copies stored on the system. Therefore, if it is a damaged system file that caused the Windows filtering platform to prevent the connection problem in Windows 11, running an SFC scan should fix it.
After executing the command, wait for the scan to complete, and then restart the computer to see if the problem is eliminated.
4. Restart Windows Security Center
- according toWindows+RStart the run command.Type in the text fieldservices.msc, And then click OK or clickEnterTo startServeapplication.
- Find and double clickWindows Defender Serve.
- an examinationIs the service statusShown as Running.
- If not, please click “under “Service Status”Start”Button to run the service.
- Next, pressWindows+SLaunch the search menu.Type in the text fieldWindows terminal, Right-click the relevant search result that appears, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- In the UAC that appears ( Control) click on the promptYes.
- Next, execute the following command, and then restart the PC:
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesWindows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /d 1 /t REG_DWORD /f
- After the computer restarts, paste the following command and clickEnter:
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesWindows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /d 0 /t REG_DWORD /f
When finished, restart the computer again and check if the Windows filtering platform has blocked the connection. The problem has been fixed in Windows 11.
5. Disable your
- according toWindows+SLaunch the search menu.Type in the text field at the topWindows security, And then click the relevant search result that appears.
- Click onVirus and threat protection.
- Click under Virus and threat protection settingsmanageset up.
- Next, clickReal-time protectionToggle button under to disable .
- Finally, in the UAC that pops up ( Control) click on the promptYes.
Usually, knownIt will conflict with network settings and cause a series of errors.This is usually a third party However, it is sometimes found that the built-in Windows security is the culprit.
Therefore, if the above fix does not work, you can try to disableAnd check whether the Windows filtering platform has blocked the connection problem has been eliminated in Windows 11.
6. Create a new local account
In many cases, the cause of the Windows Filtering Platform to prevent connection problemsdamage. If this is the case, and the above method has fixed it, you can create a new local account on your Windows 11 PC.
Although about you should useThere are many debates about whether an account is an account or a local account, but the latter should be a better choice because it is not linked to any server and can be used independently on the device.
After creating a new local account, the error should no longer appear in Event Viewer.