It seems that after updating to Android 12, many users have problems with Android Auto function with Spotify app. Yes! According to many reports, whenever users try to connect their Android 12 device to their car, Android Auto basically sends an error notice or may say that it does not work with voice commands at all. Well if you are one of the victims then you can fix Spotify voice commands not working on Android Auto.
Meanwhile, some users are also reporting that after updating their phone to Android 12, it seems that the Android Auto interface no longer appears on the car screen, which is quite annoying. It looks like Google has recently changed the main features of Android Auto and the app is now integrated with Google Assistant in a new driving assistant mode. Some other reports also claim that the same voice control issue is not working with Android Auto.
What Is Android Auto?
Android Auto is a handy mobile app that lets you control media and entertainment in your car. Works with mapping and navigation apps like Google Maps or Waze to help you find your way easily. Moreover, it handles calls and communications so that you can send SMS or calls without using your phone.
Android Auto also allows you to use entertainment systems and apps like Spotify to make your driving experience more enjoyable. Finally, the hands-free controls of the Google Assistant make it infinitely easier to control your phone from your car. With it, you can pay attention to the road and relax while driving.
Fix: Spotify Voice Commands Not Working on Android Auto
- Several users who have had success with Android Auto say that they were able to use Android Auto in their cars using a Micro USB to USB C adapter.
- Perhaps the most common Android Auto problem is mishaps while playing various apps like Pandora, Spotify, and Podcast apps like Podcast Addict. The best way to fix this problem is to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. In any case, Android Auto does not select the applications. When you install a new app, it immediately appears in Android Auto.
- You can also fix apps that are not working in Android Auto by going to the “About” section of the Android Auto menu and then clicking “Browse apps”. Now launch Google PlayStore and reinstall music apps that are not working.
- Android Auto users have also reported issues with Spotify. Several users report that Spotify does not work with Android Auto. You can resolve this problem by using several methods.
- First, go to your app manager and allow all permissions for Spotify. You can also fix the problem by going to the app’s settings and allowing it to access whatever is on the list that you see.
- You can also fix Spotify not working on Android Auto by reinstalling the app on your Android phone.
This is it, guys. We hope you found this article helpful. For additional questions, you can comment below.
Why is Spotify not working on Android Auto?
Update Android OS. The easiest way to get away with Spotify not working on Android Auto is to update your OS system on your phone and then reconnect the phone to your car. Also, make sure your Google Services is the latest version or the Android Auto will not be launched successfully.
How do I use voice control on Spotify Android?
Use your voice with Spotify for hands-free play control. Pick your device for how to switch voice control on or off.
Switch voice control on
1. Tap Search .
2. Tap the microphone .
3. Give Spotify permission to record audio or access your microphone.
Why is voice command not working?
If Voice Access doesn’t recognize your voice commands, try the following: Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet over cellular data or Wi-Fi. .Repeat your voice command. Turn off vibration in your device settings.
Is Spotify supported on Android Auto?
When you connect your Android phone to the compatible vehicle or radio, Android Auto will display Spotify on the vehicle’s screen.