If you Want to Root Your Oneplus 9 Mobile Phone? or Any other Software Related Modifications? Then You need to Install TWRP in Oneplus 8 Device. In this post, We will show you how to Install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 8 Device easily. A step-by-step guide helps you to Install TWRP Recovery in Oneplus 8.
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP or TeamWin Recovery Project is a custom recovery project and is flashable on Android smartphones. TWRP recovery, when installed on a smartphone over stock recovery, can provide more features. Now install TWRP Recovery in Your Oneplus 8 Phone.
Pros Of Installing TWRP in Oneplus 8 Phone
- Easily Root Your Mobile
- Easily Sideload android apps
- Install various custom ROMs
- Forget password? No problem. You can easily wipe all memories
Cons Of Installing TWRP in Oneplus 8 Phone
- Void your mobile warranty
- In the process of bootloading it may brick your phone
- You can’t get any OTA updates
Install TWRP on Oneplus 8 Phone
We can show you the easiest way to Install TWRP Recovery in Oneplus 8 Mobile. But before that, you have some prerequisites.
1.Take a full backup on Oneplus 8
This is the most important thing to do before you unlock the bootloader in Oneplus 8. Take a full backup of all your important data stored on your phone.
2.Install/Update Required USB drivers
You need to Install or update the required drivers for your oneplus phone. When you are using ADB and Fastboot you must install the required drivers. You can check the latest drivers on the Oneplus official site.
3.Chare your Oneplus 9
We strongly recommend charging your Oneplus 8 phone.
4. Unlock the Bootloader
Before Installing TWRP Recovery, You should Unlock the bootloader on Oneplus 8 phone
for Unlocking the bootloader you should follow the post : Unlock Bootloader on Oneplus 8
Install TWRP Recovery On Oneplus 8 Mobile
- Download the Oneplus 8 TWRP recover img
- Rename it to TWRP.img
- Disclaimer : Before move to the next step You should Unlock the bootloader on Oneplus 8 phone
- Now, set up ADB and Fastboot on your PC. To do thatSelect and download the latest SDK Package for your OS
Extract the ZIP to get the platform tools. this folder contains ADB & fastboot tools.
- Now Open the TWRP.img
- open a command window in the folder itself. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty space and then select open command window
- Connect Oneplus 8 Phone to PC using a USB cable
- Now boot your Oneplus 8 mobile to Fastboot mode & type the following code
adb reboot bootloader
- Now the device will boot into the Fastboot mode. After that type the following code –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img.
- replace TWRP.img above with the name of your TWRP recovery image file
- Now it will start flashing TWRP Recovery and after that type the following
Now your Device will reboot. Successfully you have installed TWRP Recover in Oneplus 8
Install TWRP Recovery On Oneplus 8 Using Flashify
- Firstly, Download the Flashify app on the Oneplus 8. The app is available to download from the play store.
- And open the app and furthermore you will see three options, “Boot Image” “Recovery Image” and “Zip File”.
- First, click on “Recovery Image” as soon as you click you will be able to see some more options.
- Next, click on download TWRP. You will also see an option of downloading CWM custom recovery too, but consider downloading TWRP custom recovery.
- And now it will download the TWRP file for the Oneplus 8. And after the downloading finishes. Finally, click on “Yes install custom Recovery”.
- Successfully you have installed TWRP Recover in Oneplus 8
If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply to you back as soon as possible.